Wednesday 21 November 2012

{Author Interview} Michelle Madow - author of Transcend Time Saga


Today is the release day for Timeless by Michelle Madow! And to mark the book birthday, I have a little author interview to share. But first, let me share with you the book summary for Timeless, the third book for the Transcend Time Saga:

IT'S A RACE AGAINST TIME.

In Remembrance, Lizzie and Drew changed the course of fate so they could be together. 

In Vengeance, Chelsea set fate back on its original, deadly path. 

Now, strange things keep happening to Lizzie. Things that are omens of darkness to come. A curse has doomed her to die an early death, just as she did in her past life. To make things worse, even if she can figure out who cast the curse, it's irreversible. There's only one option left for her to save herself. It's crazier than anything she's heard yet, and to do it, she'll need Drew and Chelsea's help.

Because to make things right, they must go back to when it all began …
Interview with Michelle Madow

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I grew up in Baltimore, went to college in Orlando, and now live in South Florida. I wrote my first book, Remembrance, while I was a junior in college. My favorite things to do are reading and writing! (I’ve been an avid reader forever.) Apart from reading and writing, I also like to hang out with my friends, watch movies/tv shows, go out to dinner, travel, and shop.

Remembrance is about Lizzie, who doesn't know she was reincarnated from Regency Era until much later when Drew Carmichael comes into the picture. I really enjoyed reading the two of them together in the book. And I love the pacing of your book and your writing style! Here comes my question: what was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
Thank you! In Remembrance, my favorite part to write was the “Music Box” scene with Lizzie and Drew. This was one of the first times they spent time together when his guard wasn’t up, and I loved the connection between them. I even have a post on my blog where I show pictures of the music box (and you can read an excerpt of the scene!) You can check that out by clicking HERE.

Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I always use an outline while writing. Before I begin drafting, I create character biographies, and then outline the plot. The outline helps because I can get all my ideas down in a concise way so I don’t forget anything important. Also, it keeps me on target to tell the story the best way I can. I’m not a 100% stickler to my outline, though—if I get a better idea while writing, I make sure to work it in!

Are there any difficulties or challenges you faced while writing Remembrance or the series as a whole?
The biggest challenge I faced while writing Remembrance took place in the editing stage, when my editor pointed out that an important scene wasn’t believable. The best way to make the scene more believable was to have another character interfere with what was going on. The only problem was: That character didn’t exist yet! I had to create a new character (Hannah) and work her into the story. It was a huge challenge, but I’m happy I did it, because Lizzie needed a friend like Hannah in Remembrance.

Last but not least, is there anything that you would like to say to your readers? :)
Thank you for checking out the Transcend Time Saga! I write the stories in my mind because I want to share them with others, and I hope to have a positive impact on peoples’ lives, just as my favorite books have had for me. This could be a lesson learned, a change you make in your life that was influenced by a character in my story, or just a few hours of fun while reading when you could disappear into the pages. If you choose to read the Transcend Time Saga, I hope you enjoy it! <3

Thank you, Michelle, for having me on your blog!

About Michelle Madow
Michelle Madow was inspired to write Remembrance after seeing Taylor Swift's "Love Story" music video while a junior at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL. The song and video gave her the story idea about a high school girl reincarnated from Regency Era, England. She handed in the first chapter as a homework assignment for class, and when her teacher and classmates wanted her to continue writing, she decided to go for it. By the end of the school year, her first novel was completed!


Michelle lives in Florida, where she is hard at work writing more novels for young adults.


The final part of the Transcend Time Series, Timeless, comes out on November 20, 2012. Be sure to read the first two parts, Remembrance and Vengeance, first!

VENGEANCE: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Book Depository, iBooks, Kobo

0 comments:

Post a Comment