Friday 20 June 2014

{Review} Out of Control by Sarah Alderson

Out of Control by Sarah Alderson

Published on 22 May 2014
Genre: YA Thriller
Page Count: 320

Synopsis
When 17 year old Liva witnesses a brutal murder she’s taken into police custody for her own protection. But when the police station is attacked and bullets start flying it becomes clear that Liva is not just a witness, she’s a target.

Together with a car thief called Jay, Liva manages to escape the massacre but now the two of them are alone in New York, trying to outrun and outwit two killers who will stop at nothing to find them.

When you live on the edge, there’s a long way to fall.


Purchase the book


RATING




I was so excited about reading Out of Control that I kept checking my mail for my pre-ordered copy that couldn't just arrive fast enough for my liking. Sarah Alderson is one of my favourite authors and I wouldn't want to miss reading any of her books! When the book did arrive, I devoured it within a day and since I was already working by then, I even sacrificed my sleep so that I can finish reading the book!

Out of Control is a fast paced thriller that will keep your mind occupied with the cinematic scenes as you progress along with Liva. She was brought in to the police station after witnessing a murder however, things took a turn for worse when the station was attacked and she fled the scene with the help of a car thief, who was brought into the station as well. There were several heart-stopping close shave with danger and I was impressed by Liva's wits and instincts. That certainly helped her a lot! Jay is a fun character to read and he's hot!

I was so engrossed in reading their progress that I was taken by surprise when I came to the plot twist part. That was wonderfully done and I actually felt bad for Liva. I also admire her courage and determination she showed. Out of Control actually touches on the topic of human trafficking and I think the author did a really good job in broaching the topic in the book to us without burdening us with information overload. 

I'd really recommend this book to anyone looking for a light romantic thriller read but then again, people may say that I'm biased because I'm fan of Sarah. No harm, just go read other reviews and get your own conclusion whether this book is worth reading. (And it totally is worth reading!)

I'm going to have to re-read this book again!


Connect with the author

6 comments:

  1. This is on my TBR list, glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly @ Turning The Pages20 June 2014 at 02:08

    This one is new to me, I don't usually read YA other than some fantasy but I love the idea of this thriller. I hope my library has it :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Michelle! Okay, you definitely convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you will enjoy reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's bound to be some parts of this book that you may like. :) Hope your library has a copy!

    ReplyDelete