Saturday 22 September 2012

{Adult eBook Review} Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Title: Dark Lover
Author: J. R. Ward
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood
Publication Date: 6 Sep 2005
Publisher: Signet Eclipse
Genre: Adult Paranormal
Format: ebook
Source: Borrowed
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Goodreads Summary:
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood. The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.
This book came under my radar while I was blog visiting and saw that it has numerous good reviews for it. It piqued my interest and hence I got my hands on this! I must admit it was an interesting vampire read. It's kind of sad that Beth never got to meet her father. She's lucky she has Wrath to protect her else she wouldn't have made it through everything. I like it that the author has included a list of glossary for the terms used in the book so I'm not confused when I read Dark Lover. In addition, when a book has so many characters, it can be difficult to read about each and everyone of them and be able to relate/connect to them. However, I don't have this problem with Dark Lover. Each characters is unique and I really enjoyed how the author put them all together. I'll definitely continue with the series! I want to find out even more about the other characters!
Teaser:
Darius looked around the club, taking in the teeming, half-naked bodies, full of women wearing leather and men who looked like they had advanced degrees in violent crime.
Darius and his companion fit right in.
Except they actually were killers.
Stalk the author: J. R. Ward

0 comments:

Post a Comment