Friday 8 February 2013

{Author Interview} Roy Huff


Let's welcome Roy Huff, authoer of The First Pillar for a interview!

Hi Roy! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to be here!

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
        I grew up on the East Coast, but I have lived in Honolulu now for more than half of my life. I moved to Hawaii for college and never left. I have many interests and hobbies. I love traveling, movies, hiking, and all things fantasy and scifi. I have five degrees in four separate fields and currently work as a geostationary satellite liaison. I like to push myself and try new things. Creating something that will live on after I am long gone has always been a desire of mine.

Describe your book in a sentence.
       The book is about a hero's struggle between good and evil in an urban college and epic fantasy setting.

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
      It's a tie between the first and the second to last chapters. I'm really proud of the introduction and intro because the feedback that I've gotten is that it hooks you in; the second to last chapter has a very good climax near the end of the story.

Do you ever experience writer’s block?
      Not really. If I get stuck on a specific scene or plot point, I just write something, anything, then I edit it later.

Do you work with an outline, or just write?
     Both. I start with a general idea and no outline, and then once the story progresses long enough I start taking notes and create an outline towards the end so I can pull in all of the plot lines.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
     I usually read paperbacks, though recently I've been reading more ebooks. If I had a choice, it would be hardbacks with a jacket.

Do you buy a book by the cover?
    I buy recommended books based on the story, but when I browse it's about half and half.

If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you?
     Well, I do live on and island. It's not quite deserted, but If I could meet three people it would be Stephen Hawking, Patrick Stewart, and the Queen of England.

What project are you working on now?
    I'm working on a scifi time travel book series. I will be doing additional books in this series as well.



The First Pillar (Everville #1) by Roy Huff
Publishing 6 Feb 2013!
Buy: Amazon

Owen Sage is the emblematic college freshman at Easton Falls University. He studies hard, plays hard, and is incredibly charming. With all the worries about his first year in college, he was not prepared for what would happen next. His way of life was flipped upside down when he was drawn into a different world, a world unbeknownst to him. He mysteriously crossed into another dimension, into the beautiful land of Everville. His tragic excitement was abruptly halted when he discovered that there was a darkness forged against both the natural world, which he knew well, and the new land which he discovered, Everville. He must devise a plan to save both worlds while joining forces with the race of Fron and The Keepers, whom both harbor hidden secrets he must learn in order to gain power over the evil that dwells in The Other In Between.

With a race against time to save both worlds, his short time at Easton Falls did not quite prepare him for the evil, dark forces he must fight in order to conquer The Other In Between.
About Roy:
Roy Huff is the author of the upcoming epic fantasy novel Everville The First Pillar. He holds five degrees in four separate fields including liberal arts, history, secondary science education, and geoscience. Roy Huff has backgrounds in art, history, education, business, real-estate, economics, geoscience, and satellite meteorology. He was born on the East Coast but has spent more than half his life in Honolulu.

You can find Roy at his: Website, Twitter, Goodreads

Thanks again for being with us today Roy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment