Friday 12 April 2013

{Review} My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick



My Life Next Door
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
Published June 14th 2012
Genre: YA Romance
Source: Bought
Buy: Amazon, KindleBook Depository

A gorgeous debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another

One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.
RATING: 5 out of 5 Stars

I LOVE this book! I can't help but fall in love with the cute little guy who proposed to Samantha! *Swoon* How can such a adorable kid exist? That aside, My Life Next Door is one of the best contemporary romance I've ever read! I'm so so so so glad that I bought the book after reading about it from many blogs. Yay!

Samantha and Jase were from totally different family. Samantha's mother was strict which her while Jase's family was totally wild and carefree. Samantha's mother despised the Garretts for being so wild (and there's so many of them in the Garrett family). So, Samantha just watched the Garretts from afar, until one day, when Jase decided to join her on her roof.

The author has a knack for creating believable characters. Each of them is pretty unique and their interaction with each other is flawless. And Little George is just so cute. *squeals* I like how the relationship progresses between Samantha and Jase. So sweet and natural.

With how My Life Next Door turns out, I really look forward to reading more from the author! If you haven't read this book, you are missing out! Recommended to all who loves contemporary read!



*with many stars*

Connect with the author:
Website, Facebook,  Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment